Photo Source: MT POWER DRUM KIT 2 GUI IMAGE – www.powerdrumkit.com
MT Power Drum Kit 2 is one of the most popular free Acoustic Drum VST/AU instruments available for musicians. If you are looking for some authentic acoustic drum kit and groove loops for your music, MT Power Drum Kit 2 can easily be your choice.
Features of MT Power Drum Kit 2
Here are the most important features of MT Power Drum Kit 2 which make it unique and stand-out most of the Free Acoustic drum samplers available in the internet for download.
- Studio Quality High Fidelity Drum Samples with various high-quality drum mics for best sound quality.
- Easy to use interface and GUI of the VST/AU Instrument.
- Hundreds of MIDI grooves for creating Acoustic drum loop patterns.
- Dedicated multitrack Mixer for balancing and mixing drum multi-samples.
- Multi-velocity sample trigger for every key on VST instrument.
- Light-weight download and does not eat much CPU and storage space.
In Depth Review of MT Power Drum Kit 2
At musicdetailed.com we decided to give a try and test the MT Power Drum Kit2 VST / AU Instrument. We installed the Sound Library and the VST3 plugin and tested with most of the top-notch DAWs including Cubase 12, FL Studio and Nuendo 12. Overall, the plugin delivered impressive results in terms of sound quality, ease of use, rhythm pattern varieties and editing flexibility.
The Main Plugin User Interface – Score 4/5
The Main plugin GUI window looks great with the drum set in the background. All the controls such as – Drum Kit / Mixer / Grooves and Plugin Settings are provided in the Main Instrument panel GUI of the instrument panel. Layout is quite neat and clean without much controls and buttons.
The Groove Library Section: Score 5/5
The Groove Library Section takes you to an enormous collection of 4/4 and 6/8 Loops, Intros. Fill-in and Bonus content MIDI Grooves. Each groove is a MIDI file which can be dragged and dropped into the Piano Roll / MIDI track of the DAW you are using. The tempo ranges between 80 – 250 BPM with a wide collection of Grooves and Rhythm patterns.
The Mixer Section: Score 4.5/5
The Mixer Section is main control panel of the individual instruments such as Kick, Snare, Tom, Ride, Bells, etc. You can get controls such as Volume, Digital compressor, PAN and Output routing options in the Mizer section of the instrument.
Using the various effect and editing parameters, the drum sounds can be improved and improvised for a better sounding acoustic kit for your projects.
How to use MIDI Grooves in MT Power Drum Kit 2?
After you start the DAW Application, please follow the below steps to use MIDI Grooves in MT Power Drum Kit 2 Instrument:
- Click on Grooves button to activate the window of MIDI grooves in MT power Drum Kit 2 Instrument
- Click on any of the STYLES in the Groove section, select the Grooves/Fills that you need to use for your project
- Drag and drop the required Groove or the Fills file to the piano roll/MIDI step editor window of your DAW software.
- The MIDI file for the groove automatically gets loaded and events are created on the Piano Roll / MIDI step editor window.
Now you can use the Grooves for your projects using this method. You can also freely edit and make your creations on the MIDI step editor for a better creativity and sound.
System Requirements for Installation and Usage
- Windows 7/8/10 (32/64 Bit) Operating system / Mac OS 10.5 – 13 versions / LINUX OS
- 2 GB RAM minimum
- ASIO Low latency audio drivers
- Decent soundcard with USB/MIDI ports
- DAW softwares – FL Studio/Nuendo/Bandlab/Cubase/Pro Tools
MT Power Drum Kit2 is a must-have free VST/AU Acoustic drum instrument for your sound collection. Anyone who wishes to use authentic and unique sounding acoustic drums can use this library for their music production purpose.
The Final Verdict: 4.5/5
- User Interface: 4/5
- Mixer Editing: 4.5/5
- Sound Quality: 5/5
- Grooves / Patterns: 5/5
- Sound Library: 4/5
If you are looking for Free VSTs which will serve your purpose, you can check out our curated list of Top 5 Free VSTs in 2022.
Look out for our In-Depth Review series for Free and Commercial VST/AU plugins with exclusive tutorial videos on our website under VST Section.
For similar insightful articles on Piano, music keyboards, VST Plugins and much more, please visit our website www.musicdetailed.com